Thursday, January 27, 2011

Phone Bzz

As y'all know, I am a BzzAgent. They send me products and services to try out and I get to tell people what I think. I am usually compensated by receiving said good or service free, but I assure you my opinions are all mine and completely honest. You should sign up I love it. #Imabzzagent.

So now that I have had more time to play with the HTC HD7 I'm gonna let y'all know what I think.


Let's start with what I like about this phone, in no particular order.

Screen Size - At 4.3" it is easily the largest viewing area on the smartphone market. It is also slightly larger then the standard smartphone.

Entertainment Features - I loved being able to watch Man Vs Food while sitting in my Dr's waiting room. The headphones offer stereo sound and look at the kickstand!



The camera is decent for a phone camera, I didn't really use the video feature. You can link up to your Xbox Live account on this phone so a gamer would be in heaven. Obviously using these nifty features will drain your batteries and I think it was standard for the Smartphone industry. Tmobile TV is also fun if you will be away from home when Teen Mom 2 or Jersey Shore comes on (Don't pretend you don't watch, lol).

It is a Windows 7 platform (I am not a Microsoft stan) and I was surprisingly ok with it. I prefer Droid hands down but Windows did ok (its not Vista, lol), It comes with gps which is perfect to find your way around unfamiliar places.

Business wise you can have easy access to all of your email accounts and facebook from your home screen.

Zune software comes on this which allows you to turn this phone into a MP3 player. It works really well and will copy your itunes music seamlessly.

Now here are some things that I did not care for. These were dealbreakers for me personally (though my icky teen wants it bad).

If you notice all the features I liked involved the entertainment features but I never mentioned the phone. Now we will talk about it. The phone set up was just not practical. There is a end call button positioned right at cheek level. There is no way to minimize it so you will inevitably hit it several times during a conversation. It is very frustrating to say the least. When I tried to use the speakerphone feature I couldn't hear the people I spoke to and they couldn't hear me. Even holding the phone to my ear (which negates the whole purpose of the speakerphone).

You are stuck with the background they give you. There is no way to arrange the homepage icons or get rid of ones that you don't like. This is surprising because it is a fairly standard feature in phones now and days.

There is no way to make your own ringtones. I am so spoiled I can turn anything into a ringtone on my G1 and so I assumed this would surely have that feature but NOPE! This did not make me happy.

Internet was a little awkward for me. Wasn't sure how to manage multiple webpages (a must for me).

App store is not very good. Reminds me of the Android Marketplace when it first started up. It is difficult to navigate to find specific apps (Like a ringtone manager, lol)

No keyboard. I am spoiled with my G1 in that I have a full keyboard both physically and virtually (on the screen). My G1 has both and I have gotten used to having a full keyboard at my disposal. The touchscreen one works fine but I want both in a phone (I'm spoiled).

I think HTC took a step backwards with this phone. Its predecessor the HD2 was more advanced then this. They should market it as a video capable mp3 player with 3G speeds and the ability to place emergency calls. In time it could compete with the ipod as more apps come out for it, but as a phone it needs a lot of work.

You can like HTC on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is for you to ask your questions or make a comment