Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A few observations

Hey y'all so now that I am starting to feel human again, I will be posting more, though not as much as before. I have decided to go with more meaningful longer posts rather than shorter, everyone is doing them posts. I have noticed a number of things.

1. This past week was a slow sales week for me. I probably spent $35 out of the $60 budget. I never even made it to Walgreens or CVS (I know crazy right). Luckily there wasn't much we needed and for what we did was mostly covered by RR's (Register Rewards) and OYNO cats.

2. While in line a man in front of me had a 12 pack of Cottonelle, is cost $10 and change (WTH) I almost died. I only use Cottonelle TP (very brand loyal) and I have never paid that for a 12 pack. In fact I went to Dominicks, they had it on sale $4.99 with in ad coupon and $10 purchase plus I had $1/1 coupons so $3.99 (not counting OYNO cat that I paid with). I pay $3.99 to $5.99 (if I am desperate) but $10 something no way. This happened at Fairplay.

3. Either I am the ultimate in Vegetable snobs or the overall quality of produce is dropping. Am I wrong for not wanting: my lettuce to be brown, potatoes not to be 1/4 bruised, onions that look like they were around when the settlers founded (or stole)Plymouth Rock. I especially get grossed out when I am in the produce section and fruit flies or regular flies are swarming. I so need to plant a garden at my Grams next year (is that ok Gram?)

4. While at Dominicks I was able to use a paper coupons on my Mission Tortillas ($1 sale through weds) and had my e coupon come off as well, so the new system is not totally in place, but I would not count on the e-coupons when you have paper coupons. I think of it like a bonus and make sure I have room to absorb the overage just in case.

5. To the guy that was all up on me in line at the grocery store. Have you not ever heard about personal space. I am trying to pay for my groceries and literally have you practically on top of me. It made me uncomfortable enough that I opted to pay cash instead of credit as I was intending to do. You are lucky I decided to be the bigger person, cause I am still crabby from being sick (not to mention dealing with an icky teen). It really couldve gotten ugly.

6. I was able to finally cash out for a 360 game from the club bing games. I think I am going to go big and save up for a bread maker (I really miss my old one.) It should take a couple months of daily playing OR if I played for max tickets everyday about 30 days. If you haven't tried them out yet, go do it. There puzzles are good mind games, and are great for when you have some downtime. Club Bing has no referral program so there are no bonuses for me to tell y'all this.

Anyhow, those are some of the things that I noticed this past week. Whats been happening with y'all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is for you to ask your questions or make a comment