Friday, September 10, 2010

OMG I won an award!

Wow I am honored. One of the fellow bloggers (Lesa) that I myself follow at Coupons Equal Cash felt that I was one of six blogs that win the Life is Good Award. Being a newbie on the blogging circuts I never even thought about award. I want to personally thank Lesa for giving me such an honor.



The Life is Good Award: To accept the award you must link back and Thank the person who gave you the Life is good award. Answer the 10 questions and pass it along to 6 other blogs.


1) If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?

I never considered being anonymous. I started my blog, like many others, to help friends and family keep up with what I was doing. I am fine with people knowing who I am, although, I am pretty careful not to post too much identifing information (i.e. address, etc).
2) Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

I come from a long line of strong and stubborn women (hey y'all, lol). My one favorite example of my stubborness would be when I was working for a realtor. We happened to share a building with Kaiser Permenante. I would go to lunch and then spend 30-60 minutes to try and park. People would be double parked. That parking lot was such a mess. Well I decided that the Buildings Management was going to have to give us a couple reserved spaces so we could avoid issues in the future. Well my boss told me to give up, that they had been asking for spaces for years and the management wouldn't budge. I refused to accept that. I wrote letters to everyone from the management company to the owners and took pictures to illustrate how crazy the parking situation was. Needless to say, I got 2 resrved spaces not only for us, but all of the other small businesses in the building.
3) What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

I just see me. I think I have aged pretty well, especially considering I was once a "Wild Child". There is always room for improvement, but I am working on that. Overall, very happy with myself.
4) What is your favorite summer cold drink?

Dr. Pepper is my drink of choice year round. Spring/Summer I like homemade Sun tea sweetened southern style. Fall/Winter Homemade hot cocoa.
5) When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Unfortunately with a icky teenager a blog and life in general there is no time for me. Do any mom's get time for themselves? Lol

6) Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

I would like to take one of those "dental vacations" overseas to have some work done, travel to see the world a bit (internationally) and see my son graduate with honors from the University of his choice.

7) When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching?

I was always ditching. I never failed because the teachers knew I was smart but I had a skipping school problem.
8) If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?

Birth of my son and seeing that I could  take good care of him on my own.
9) Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

Now that I am getting people other then family and friends checking out the blog I have to filter how much Jen I put out there. One of my bad habits is I tend to cuss alot (thanks grandpa) and since I want to be family friendly I have to censor myself.
10) If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

I would chose to read. I have always enjoyed reading and love getting lost in a good story.
Now the award needs to be passed on to 6 people, and contact them !

This really is the hard part. There are so many great bloggers out there that it is hard to pick 6. But since I have to pick:
Chi Town Cheapskate
"Deal"icious Mom
Ten Talents
Inspiring you to Save
Organic Deals & Coupons
Hip2save

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is for you to ask your questions or make a comment